Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hot Diggity-Blog

It is just ridiculous that I can't even seem to be able to find the time to sit down and blog a little! And when I DO, here comes little miss wanting to be held or a bigger person who wishes to tell me a story or ask me a question or simply makes a lot of distracting noises in as close proximity to where I'm working as possible. That may explain why I haven't finished my book...or even attempted to...for the last two years. I used to write a lot while not sleeping. Now insomnia is not my problem and if I'm awake in the night I'm holding a little someone who likes to hit and kick this keyboard, making writing difficult if not impossible. But, I LOVE to write...even just a little newsy blog. I love putting my thoughts down on paper (okay, technically it's not paper, but you know what I mean). I love the creative release and process. But, in order to write, one does need to be able to complete a thought and string together coherent words to form sentences...something that I am definitely struggling with.
I would leave dishes in my sink and laundry unfolded in order to write, but that's not the problem. The issue is that in order to write, I need a period of UNINTERRUPTED time each day so that I can start a thought and finish it. Since Addy just carried Haven in here to show her the "pwetty, pwetty movies," I just lost my train of thought (and ability to spell...thank goodness for spell check)! Anyway, the point is that I can't seem to find the time to write, but it's not just time that's the factor. I wish I had Jason's ability to completely tune out the rest of the world, but I don't. I hear every argument, every whimper, every complaint, and they all register in my brain, making contiguous thought nearly impossible unless the house is absolutely still and quiet. I think it's a gift to be able to tune out because in the last 36 years I have not been able to teach myself to do it!
And, yet, in an incongruous, rabbit trail-ridden way, I've managed to post a blog!

No comments: