Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Runner, I am Not

I have run a bit in my lifetime. Recently I have been engaging in the practice of walk/jogging 3-4 times a week for shorter distances than I'd like to admit. I'd like to be a runner. I admire their fortitude, their stamina, and (most of all) their legs. But I am not a runner...here's why:

Top Ten Reasons Why I am not a Runner:

10. Bad knees...I take ibuprofen daily even when I don't run!
9. Those extra 30 pounds I'm carrying start a chain reaction of jiggle that could be catastrophic on an extended run.
8. I get bored really easily...I call it ADOP (attention deficit...ooooooh, pretty!)
7. I can't read and run at the same time without getting motion sickness.
6. I'm lazy.
5. There's no one chasing me.
4. No matter how far you're going it seems painfully slow getting there.
3. I look and feel about as graceful as a lumberjack with one leg when I run.
2. Sweat is icky!
1. They have yet to invent a sports bra that can contain these mams when I'm nursing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear you. running--yuck. My sister loves exercise. She says, Don't you feel just great when you exercise. I say the only thing good about it is stopping.....