Friday, April 3, 2009

Momma Said There'd be Days Like This

I don't remember her saying there'd be so MANY, though. Today was one of them...and it was a doozy. Wait, come to think of it, this whole week was one of those days. Seemed like everything that could go wrong did. Give much thought to that expression, though, and you're bound to feel better. If EVERYTHING that could go wrong had, I wouldn't be here typing this. I'd be dead...and in heaven...and enjoying paradise. Which sounds a lot better than the day/week I had!
Not to complain, but here are a few of the things that went wrong this week. My secretary was gone all week. On top of that, it was month's end and start of the new month which usually brings more work than the two of us can handle together. AND I had a teacher gone today who we couldn't find a sub for, so everybody pitched in to try to make it work. Haven is sick...I know that's nothing unusual, but it certainly didn't help me get a lot of work done. Unfortunately, J is also not feeling very well and has been really busy. Needless to say, he hasn't been a whole lot of help (don't feel guilty, honey, you've tried). I've had to help Hannah with geometry. No need to expound on that. Addy's had tons of homework. Bub and Avery have had soccer practice almost every night. AND, I have a cyst on my neck. Wah!
Tomorrow will almost certainly be better. After all, it's Saturday, so there's no school. Then again, I will be sitting at the soccer fields for hours on end in hurricane force winds with my kamikaze toddler. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? Wait, there's more. I also have to get some work done for school. We have a candle fundraiser coming up. Kids and parents (and of course, myself) make homemade candles to sell. However, before they actually go up for sale, Hannah and I are preparing dozens of sample packets to distribute to participating families. Our kitchen looks like a candle factory. Then, there's the laundry. It's almost unbelievable how much this family generates! Sure, the two big girls do their own, but we still only have one washer & dryer. We tend to have some kind of traffic jam in our laundry room. And, for some reason, I can get the laundry sorted, stain treated, washed, and dried, but it may take me a day or two to get it folded and put away...by which time, several more loads have been added. To make a long story short, the laundry never ends.
Sunday will definitely be better. Nothing like spending time in the Lord's house with His people. If the day goes really well, I may even get a Sunday afternoon nap! I'm telling you, if it weren't for Sunday, I don't think I'd make it through another Monday.

No comments: